Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Visitors at Hospital

Well hello everyone - one of those nights! I have basically been up since about 2 or 2:30am! Doing some work, watching Millionaire Matchmaker and eating a couple brownies;) One thing I was just thinking of is hospital visitors. Corey and I talked this over and we would like to ask you to not bring any children to the hospital - with the exception of our boys, Lauren, Jess, Oakley and Jayla (the 4 cousins). Tyler and Colton are both coming off bouts of croup and pneumonia and there is just too many viruses/germs/illnesses going around and we do not want to take the chance of the baby catching anything being 1 or 2 days old. This ask will also be the same for our kids/cousins if any of them are sick of course. I am a complete germ-o-phobe:) and with that said, also want to remind everyone - please DO NOT come to the hospital if you are sick - cold, cough and especially if you have anything worse...you can see the baby at a later date and I'll email you some pictures;) Also, please DO NOT come to the hospital if you have a really sick family member at home - such as anyone with influenza, chicken pox, strep...etc (basically 'the bad stuff' that you could be carrying germs for). Meritcare actually had a visitor restriction in place for a good amount of time due to cold/flu season (specifically for the baby floor and strictly toward any visitors under 18 - even our boys!!), but it has been lifted - with the exception of anyone that is sick. Last note, which I have also probably told most of you...please wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you get in the hospital room!!!!! :) ...'no washy the hands = no touchy the baby'... :) Yep, I'm a big loser, well aware of that!! Any of you who read this blog know me well and I'm sure none of this will surprise you! ;) I have my 39 week appt this morning at 9am, so will send another update after that.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment